Re: Starting a repeat at the beginning, II

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Starting a repeat at the beginning, II
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 18:27:09 -0700

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 07:57:47 -0400
"Palmer, Ralph" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm working on starting a piece with a repeat sign (bar "|:"). In
> order to get it to work, I used the Score.BreakAlignment
> #'break-align-orders structure. This works with
> \bar "|:"
> but does not work with
> \set Score.repeatCommands = #'( start-repeat )

Ok, time to cut out losses.

In the NR, we'll state that "as per standard engraving rules, a
repeat sign is not printed at the beginning".  That's it; the main
text is done.

Any weird tweaks to print a repeat sign at the beginning are just
that -- weird tweaks.  If somebody's interested in tracking this
down (possibly still Ralph himself), then they're welcome to do
so.  Once the snippet is in LSR or input/new/, we can easily add
it to the docs.
If the snippet requires an explicit \new Staff to make it work, that's
fine; state that warning in the snippet description.  Don't include
explicit \new Staff stuff in the NR unless you *need* them there.

I don't want GDP held up on this step.  There's much more important
stuff to work on.  Playing with snippets is easily done when I'm gone.

> Is that the expected behavior? The Score.repeatCommands version does
> not produce an error in the log, but no repeat sign is printed. If
> this is the expected behavior, I don't understand why
> Score.repeatCommands does not work. Should this be included in the
> GDP Repeats as a Known Issue?

Notwithstanding my above statement, this *does* look like the kind
of issue we should mention in @knownissue.  (I don't consider
@knownissue to be the "main text")

Cheers,
- Graham