Re: beams

From: Andrew Hawryluk
Subject: Re: beams
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:14:05 -0600

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 9:50 AM, James E. Bailey <address@hidden> wrote:

> Am 27.06.2008 um 22:55 schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
>
>> Hi James,
>>
>>> The output has the cross staff beams horribly, horribly wrong.
>>
>> I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but maybe the following
>> modified code will get you going in the right direction:
>

> Well, I had a guess, and it came up right.
> \include "deutsch.ly"
> RHright = \relative {\key es \major \time 6/8\voiceTwo \stemDown g''16 es b
> g \change Staff = "LH" \stemUp es b es, b'-1 es,-2 b es-1 b }
> RHwrong = \relative {\key es \major \time 6/8\voiceTwo \stemDown g''16 es b
> g \change Staff = "LH" \stemUp es( b es, b'-1 es,-2 b es-1 b) }
> LH = {\key es \major \time 6/8 \clef bass s2.}
>
> \score {
>   \new PianoStaff <<
>      \new Staff \RHright
>      \new Staff = "LH" \LH
>   >>
> }
>
> \score {
>   \new PianoStaff <<
>      \new Staff \RHwrong
>      \new Staff = "LH" \LH
>   >>
> }
>
> The RHright gets the beam correct, but I don't have the slur. the wrong one
> gets the slur but the beam is wrong. Is there some better way to do this?

It looks like a bug to me. Here's a reduced snippet for the bug tracker:

% Slur and fingering interfere with cross-staff beaming.
% If either the fingering or the slur are removed, the
% correct beaming is used.

\version "2.11.49"
\new PianoStaff <<
  \new Staff \relative {
    \time 6/8 g''16 e c g \change Staff = "LH" \voiceOne e( c
    e, c'-1 e, c e c)
  }
  \new Staff = "LH" {
    \time 6/8 \clef bass s2.