Re: Using LilyPond with Arabic music

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Using LilyPond with Arabic music
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:55:27 -0700

Joseph, please see the GDP website:
http://web.uvic.ca/~gperciva/

Your file is: world.itely, and the section is Arabic music.  It
should show up on the GDP output in half an hour or so.  Please
read all the "getting started" docs.  You may also want to look at
chords.itely, which is an almost-finished NR 2 section.  Pay
particular attention to the "References for XYZ" sections.

Since you're already familiar with LaTeX, picking up texinfo
shouldn't be hard.  If you encounter any trouble, don't hesitate
to email me.

One more point:

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:38:16 +0100
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

> If the example is copied from the pdf the fancy
> quote sign on the two re's has to be replaced
> with a straight apostrophe.

That's not a problem in our docs.  To see how to avoid this
problem in your stand-alone paper, look at texinfo.tex in
Documentation/user/.  It's there somewhere.

Cheers,
- Graham