Close-together chords with dotted durations

From: George_
Subject: Close-together chords with dotted durations
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 22:04:46 -0700 (PDT)

Basically, my problem is this - I want to typeset this chord:

<f g a b c d e>4.

And this is what I get:

http://www.nabble.com/file/p18251902/1.jpg

Because the notes of the chord are so close together and there are so many
of them, the dots all queue up. Surely there must be a way to eliminate all
the extra dots around the chord? I'm sure that even though it's not correct,
four or five dots are enough to get across to the player/reader that all the
notes are to be of dotted duration.