strange lyric problem

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: strange lyric problem
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 13:46:49 +0200

I've just got an error on something that I've used before and after (in the same file!) and I don't understand it
GNU LilyPond 2.11.49
»Scene_1.2.ly« wird verarbeitet
Analysieren...
Scene_1.2.ly:170:35: Fehler: keine gültige Dauer: 47
        mei4. -- de!8 \skip4    |
                                   %47
Scene_1.2.ly:173:27: Fehler: keine gültige Dauer: 56
        nah’?4. \skip4. |
                            %56
I use bar checks and measure number checks in every measure, and for the first time in lyricmode, it's processing the % as a word.
 the lyrics section of the manual doesn't mention anything about %
A word in Lyrics mode begins with: an alphabetic character, _, ?, !, :, ', the control characters ^A through ^F, ^Q through ^W, ^Y, ^^, any 8-bit character with ASCII code over 127, or a two- character combination of a backslash followed by one of `, ', ", or ^. and the same file doesn't have errors for measure %1 through %46, %48 through %55 and %57 to the end in any of the 6 other parts I've done so far.

Of course I can just leave out the checks for these two measures, but oddly, the % shows up as a word in the score.

Should I just ignore it, or will this cause problems later on?