Re: \repeat with upbeat (partial) and alternatives

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: \repeat with upbeat (partial) and alternatives
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 13:33:06 +0300

2008/7/4 Reinhold Kainhofer:

> Actually, all choir scores that I have do it exactly this way. I have never
> seen any choir score, where the volta does not span whole measures.

I have. I'm writing a song book right now and during the process I've
seen a couple. I'm trying to avoid such things, though. I've attached
a real-world example. Hopefully it gets through, the size is 27 kB.

Do you think it's OK to change a song that way: changing partial
repeats to full repeats and adding alternative endings, which wouldn't
have existed with the partial repeat version?

More common are songs that begin with an upbeat and have two or more
verses. They are often ended with a measure that's not written to the
full length so that the subsequent verses can be started with an
upbeat, too.

-Risto