Re: metronome mark position

From: Libero Mureddu
Subject: Re: metronome mark position
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 20:13:28 +0200

Hi Neil,
thanks for your answer,

I'm just wondering if the manual section about metronome marks should
be changed in order to inform that ATM one should use a mixture of
\mark \markup and \tempo, depending on the context: in my memory when
someone (myself and other people I saw) starts a notation software,
after few notes and a a dynamic, next thing to add is a tempo mark, to
complete the typical "Hello, world!" score.
And for a new user it could take very much to understand that one
should use \mark \markup (not talking about how to use it), as
workaround. It is not obvious at all. Not talking about the fact that
a wrong positioned first tempo mark in a piece creates immediately a
"strange" feeling to a musician, even if he/she's not aware of the
"right" rule about  the position of those marks.

Libero

--
Libero Mureddu
Vanha Viertotie, 21 as 417