I don't know if anyone else cares, but

From: Patrick Horgan
Subject: I don't know if anyone else cares, but
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 13:15:09 -0700

I've been working with one of the guile developers,
because the development (git) version of guile, when
used with gcc 4.3 or newer wouldn't build lilypond
(or a lot of other stuff).  Yesterday we figured it out
and now you'll be able to use the development version
of guile with the development version of lilypond and
the newest version of gcc and everything will work!
Yea!!!  If anyone's curious give me a jingle.

Patrick