Re: sustainOn

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: sustainOn
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 16:38:05 -0700

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 01:24:34 +0200
"Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:

> And Mark has a good point: we can even have a "alternate predefined
> commands" bunch of snippets in the LSR, in case we'd like to maintain
> some commands such as \fatText, \sustainDown etc.

No.  No, no, absolutely no.  That's a long-term support nightmare.
I can't stop you from adding it to LSR, but such snippets will
*never* be accepted with the "docs" tag.

Look, we sometimes make mistakes with the syntax.  Using Up/Down
for things that don't refer to directions is one of those
mistakes.  We've fixed it.  End of story.

After 2.12, there should be far fewer such problems.  If you'd
like to reduce the chance of future such bug fixes, then search
for and report those bugs *now*.

Cheers,
- Graham