Re: accidentals collide with time signature (was Re: position of acciden

From: Marc Mouries
Subject: Re: accidentals collide with time signature (was Re: position of accidentals)
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 09:14:01 -0400

Wilbert,

I checked LilyKDE, LilyPond for KDE: http://lilykde.googlecode.com/ and it looks great. I wish something like this existed for Mac.

-Marc

Wilbert Berendsen wrote:
Op maandag 7 juli 2008, schreef Stefan Thomas:
Dear Lilypond users,
in the below quoted example, the positions of the accidentals are not
convincing, in my opinion. Is there a possibilitie to change this
generally?

I rewrote your example just to make it more readable (it's a good habit to place commands like \time 3/4 on a line of its own).

\version "2.11.51"
\relative {
  \time 3/4
  <c' d fis b cis>8-> r r2
  \time 4/4
  <c d fis b cis>8-> r r4 r2
}

the accidentals indeed collide with the changed time signature. This also happens when you change the 4/4 in e.g. 5/4.

Cc'ing to bug 'cause I could not find a bug report for this :)

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen