Re: LSR search is broken (was: \repeat with upbeat )

From: Sebastiano Vigna
Subject: Re: LSR search is broken (was: \repeat with upbeat )
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 23:09:38 +0200

On Jul 7, 2008, at 10:30 AM, Valentin Villenave wrote:

Am 07.07.2008 um 00:44 schrieb Eluze Weehaeli:

 http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=490
Using http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/ you can search - e.g. for upbeat or repeat -
the snippet repository but you will not find this snippet
Using Browse you can find it after scrolling through several pages...
What's the problem here?

2008/7/7 James E. Bailey <address@hidden>:
I've wondered this for a long time. I've stopped using the lsr because of it. There are people here, kieren, for example who can find anything on the lsr. I can't. I search the lsr by asking here and waiting until someone
posts a link.

This is a known problem, and we're all aware of it : there are many
issues with the LSR architecture, its database, its search function,

Guys, please post this kind of problems. There was simply a wrong update so that the index wasn't rebuilt since days. So new snippets were showing up in the browsing list (because they are picked from the database in that case) but not in a search. I know I should check that things are fine more frequently, but please post in case of problems.

The architecture works flawlessly, and I don't know of any problem with the search function. The problem is the physical system. It is a machine that is sometimes updated aggressively (e.g., to experiment new software). And there was of course the DB connection bug--but that has been fixed (the fix caused this problem, BTW).

Ciao,

                                seba