Re: LSR search is broken (was: \repeat with upbeat )

From: Sebastiano Vigna
Subject: Re: LSR search is broken (was: \repeat with upbeat )
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 08:09:35 +0200

On Jul 9, 2008, at 1:05 AM, Valentin Villenave wrote:

Oh, I was just trying to avoid spamming you with reports... :-)

It's OK.

over the past few weeks, here are the few problems I can remember
having (randomly) encountered:
- several problems with the database/Java/Velocity engine/whatever
(errors 505, IIRC)
- sometimes, impossible to get a "preview" from snippets using the ERW
interface (the preview page is blank)
- search function "bugs": for instance,
  -- the name of the tags appeared in the snippets descriptions on
the result page
  -- impossible to locate some snippet by searching terms in their
.ly source code
-- similarly, the search function doesn't allow for some characters such as #
  -- the problem you've just dealt with.

It's OK, but I need replicatable test cases. Like the last you mentioned. Something like "this snippet, this keyword".

To search for # we need to index it. Presently this is not done. Then you just need to escape it with \.

Can you give me a list of the symbols you want to be indexed? Note that at that point #UP is a single token, so searching for UP won't find UP.

Ciao,

                                seba