Re: Some Midi Output Problems

From: grick
Subject: Re: Some Midi Output Problems
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 19:41:51 +0200

> You can reduce the volume of the default piano in the same way, by
> setting
> midiMinimumVolume and midiMaximumVolume in the piano staff. Note,
> though,
> that these controls only take effect on encountering a dynamic mark,
> so be
> sure you have a mark at the beginning of the piano notes.

There is no piano staff, only a chordmode section (something like this):
--
Accordi = \chordmode
{

  \repeat unfold 2 {
    f1
    f1
    ees1
    ees1
Nor "\set Staff.midiXVolume" nor "\ppp" on chords (like f1\ppp) works.

Just to know this chordmode section is included in the staff this way:
--
\score {
  \new StaffGroup

  \layout { }

> BTW, an easier way may be to simply use quieter dynamic marks on the
> music
> of the instruments you want to reduce - these also affect the MIDI
> volume.

The "Control MIDI" dynamic marks are printed in the sheet (and, by the
way, i have to replace the real dynamics). I want to avoid this.

> > To do this i use often "staccato" notes (a4-. a4-. a4-. a4-.).
> >
> > I expect my midi output sound like (a8 r8 a8 r8 a8 r8 a8 r8) but
> sadly it
> > does not interpret them at all and sound like a simple (a4 a4 a4
> a4).
> >
> > I can simple write (a8 r8) version everywhere but the sheet become
> really
> > difficult to read for the performers.
> >
> > Is there a way to avoid to mantain a double version of the sheets?
> (one
> > for the performers with a4-. version and one for the midi output
> with a8
> > r8 one?)
>
> Sorry, apart from using separate versions I don't know how to do this
> other
> than by writing a Scheme procedure to add the staccato marks in the
> midi
> \score block.

Can you point me to some docs about this Scheme procedures? Something
specific for lilypond i found a general intro on the guile site.

> Trevor

Thank you Trevor for the answers!