Re: bracketed silence

From: luis jure
Subject: Re: bracketed silence
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 09:12:08 -0300

on 2008-07-11 at 18:53 Jonathan Kulp wrote:

>I got the brackets to go inside the staff with this code.  If you
>fiddle with the markup (change font size, spacing, whatever)  and the
>values inside the parentheses you can probably get it to look like you
>want.

that's truly great, jon, thank you!! i'd never have found that myself,
i'm afraid... :-(

i increased the fontsize a bit and adjusted the offsets accordingly and
i got exactly what i was looking for. here's my slightly modified code:

\version "2.11.51"

\relative c'' {
    \override TextScript #'staff-padding = #'()
    \once \override TextScript #'extra-offset = #'(-1.0 . -3.8)
    r4^\markup { \fontsize #3 { "[ ]" } }
}

best,

lj