Re: nopc

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: nopc
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 21:41:47 +0200

James E. Bailey wrote:

I actually needed to look into the documentation to turn off point-and- click 'cause I accidentally deleted my global file that has it, and I see various options.

in section 6.2.1,
#(define (nopc)
  (ly:set-option 'point-and-click #f))

#(nopc)
{ c'4 }

and
in 6.1.5
noPointAndClick =
#(define-music-function (parser location) ()
   (ly:set-option 'point-and-click #f)
   (make-music 'SequentialMusic 'void #t))
\noPointAndClick   % disable point and click

and

in 3.1.3
#(ly:set-option 'point-and-click #f)

The last one is apparently deprecated.

Why? The first two are only interesting if you have your own standard include file with utility functions. I guess that most users will copy paste the code from the manual or from some previous file and in that case, the third option is easiest to use, since it's only a single line. Considering the recent trend to add predefined commands to LilyPond, I'm surprised that noone has proposed to add the \noPointAndClick function. I prefer that one to the #(nopc) since it avoids the Scheme syntax for the end user.

  /Mats

My question is which should I start using, or does it matter 'cause they all seem to be to be different ways of saying the same thing?

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology