Re: nopc -- Proposed Predefines

From: Mark Knoop
Subject: Re: nopc -- Proposed Predefines
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:56:02 +0100

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 02:21 +0000, Carl Sorensen wrote:
> Mats Bengtsson <mats.bengtsson <at> ee.kth.se> writes:
> OK, I'll bite.
>
> I propose some new predefined functions:
>
> \pointAndClickOn
>
> pointAndClickOn = #(ly:set-option 'point-and-click #t)
>
> and
>
> \pointAndClickOff
>
> pointAndClickOff = #(ly:set-option 'point-and-click #f)

These commands seem to imply that p&c can be turned on and off
throughout the input stream (i.e. that isolated sections within a work
would have p&c enabled). Is this the case, and is it desired?

The commands also don't acknowledge that p&c is on by default -- one
would have to put \pointAndClickOff first, which is counterintuitive. I
doubt that many people work like this anyway; they either want to use
it, or don't.

Personally, I always compile with p&c, except for final output, for
which the command-line method is the simplest method to temporarily
disable it.

--
Mark Knoop