Re: GDP: NR 1.5 Simultaneous, second draft

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP: NR 1.5 Simultaneous, second draft
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 03:25:03 -0700

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:04:06 +0200 (CEST)
address@hidden (Karl Hammar) wrote:

> Graham:
> > > << { \voiceOne ... } \new Voice { \voiceTwo ... } >> \oneVoice
> >
> > Is that really the "right" method?  I thought that \\ *was* the
> > right method... in fact, isn't \\ exactly the same as what you
> > propose?
>
> No,

Huh, I had no idea.

Everybody: this is why your proofreading is so important.  Some
doc writers have only been using lilypond for five months.  I used
lilypond a few years ago, but there's huge swaths of material that I
don't know -- or even worse, material I *think* that I know, but I'm
actually incorrect.

If I'm the only person reviewing material that five-month newbies
are writing, the docs could end up misleading or even completely
incorrect.

Thanks, Mark and Karl.  Hopefully Francisco and Trevor will modify
LM 3 / NR 1.5 to clarify/correct this point.

Cheers,
- Graham