Re: solved: Staff spacing problem with piano centered dynamics

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: solved: Staff spacing problem with piano centered dynamics
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 22:19:19 +0100

Hi Jim,

2008/7/17 jimmy2 <address@hidden>:

> I still wish I knew how to force staves of a particular system to be closer.
> I tried various commands which seemed like they should work, but with no
> effect.

Have a look at the headword for NR 1.8 `Text'
(http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond/Text.html#Text).
The second system has a forced distance of 12 staff spaces using
\overrideProperty "Score.NonMusicalPaperColumn"
#'line-break-system-details.

Section 4.5.3 `Explicit staff and system positioning'
(http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond/Explicit-staff-and-system-positioning.html#Explicit-staff-and-system-positioning)
shows you how to tweak the spacing between staves.

Regards,
Neil