Re: Still confused about context vs. new

From: Patrick Horgan
Subject: Re: Still confused about context vs. new
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:14:43 -0700

Trevor Daniels wrote:
Patrick

My original intention was not to cover the use of \context in the LM, but I see now that several of the examples and templates use it, so that was perhaps a mistake. Thanks for pointing this out. I'll look at it again.

In the meantime, the distinction is explained in NR 5.1.2 Creating contexts, although this section has not yet been reviewed in GDP so maybe it could be improved. Let me know to what extent it helps you. In any case I'll bear your comments in mind when I get to that section.
Yes, I had read that. In fact, I've read all of the documentation. Maybe it's just one of those things where you beat your face on it until you get it, and then review the documentation and can no longer figure out why it wasn't clear:(

Patrick