Re: Spurious time signature

From: Thomas Ruedas
Subject: Re: Spurious time signature
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 16:21:39 -0400

On Monday 21 July 2008 02:56, Trevor Daniels wrote:
> same, but in the 2.10 documentation the warning and solution are in
> section 6.5.7 Grace notes under Bugs.
> > This is a known limitation of grace notes.  See the Known issues and
> > warnings section in 1.2.6.1 Grace notes in the 2.11 Notation Reference
> > for a solution.
> >> The problem is that the acciaccatura on beat 1 of the second measure
> >> in the left hand somehow causes a repeated appearance of the signature
> >> 4/4
Thanks, Trevor, for bringing that bug note to my attention. The workaround
pointed out there did solve the problem for me.
For the records, I note that one *must* use a grace skip in the other
staff; an "acciaccatura skip" (as in \acciaccatura s8) doesn't work,
because it produces a small slur coming from nowhere and binding to the
first note in the measure.
Thomas
--
Protest against the arrest of Japanese anti-whaling campaigners:
http://www.email.greenpeace.org/snbyoobl_dzlyawqa.html