Re: Problem with German Chord Names of moll chords

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: Problem with German Chord Names of moll chords
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:04:07 +0200

Look at chord-name.scm. There is a macro defined, called "chord-name->german-markup ". Unfortunately it doesn't take major/minor into account. So I think you would have to write something like a completely new formatter, like the ignatzek.

Bert

Philip Chinery wrote:
Hello,

I am sorry to push this message again, but maybe this is a bug or probably I am doing something wrong. Hopefully someone can give me a hint in the right direction :)

regards,
Philip

Philip Chinery schrieb:
Hello,

I am trying to display the moll chords lower case, as it is quite common
this way in germany. I have read that is available for a long time now in [1]. I also have found it mentioned in the help files and used in [2]. But I
am not very successful in using it.

Below you find an example of what I am doing.

I someone has an idea on this, I would be really happy :)

Regards,
Philip

[1] <http://osdir.com/ml/gnu.lilypond.announce/2003-04/msg00001.html>
[2] <http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg28601.html>

===========================

\version "2.11.43"
\include "Deutsch.ly"

\score{
    <<

    \new ChordNames{
        \set chordRootNamer = #(chord-name->german-markup #t)
        \set chordNoteNamer = #note-name->german-markup
        \set chordChanges = ##t
                 \chordmode {\germanChords h1:m h1:m d1:m }
    }

    \new Voice = "one" {
        \key d \major  \time 4/4
        \relative c' {h1 h1 d1}     }

    \layout{          indent = 0.0\cm
        \context {    \Score
            \remove "Bar_number_engraver"
        }
        \context{ \Staff
            \override VerticalAxisGroup #'Y-extent = #'(-3 . 2)
            \override VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = ##f