Re: Variable number of voices on one staff

From: Jordan Eldredge
Subject: Re: Variable number of voices on one staff
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 02:14:25 -0700

Thank you.

Firstly, I understand why my method does not work. I guess what I am asking for is a different method.

Secondly, thanks!
Here is updated example code.

\version "2.10.25"

anotherVoice = \relative c'' {s1 | s1 | s2 d,4 bes}

<<{\aVoice} \\ {\anotherVoice}>>

-Jordan Eldredge

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 1:21 AM, Francisco Vila <paconet.org@gmail.com> wrote:
2008/7/26 Jordan Eldredge <address@hidden>:

> What I want: When there is only once voice, the stems should behave as such.
> In measures where there are two voices, the stems should be dependent on
> voice.

Firstly, you see one voice, but two voices exist. So, first voice is
voice One in a polyphony situation, it will always have stems up.
Maybe  \oneVoice is your friend.

Secondly: \voiceOne .. \voiceFour are predefined macros, they are
reserved words that may confuse LilyPond (and you). Choose other names
for music variables.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org