Re: lyrics following split voices

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: lyrics following split voices
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 12:30:49 +0200

Am 27.07.2008 um 11:04 schrieb Paul Scott:

Trevor Daniels wrote:

Paul Scott wrote Sunday, July 27, 2008 4:01 AM

Hi,

When I use << { } \\ { } >> without voice naming to show note variations
in different verses of a song the parallel music gets skipped by the
lyrics. I have read all the relevant 2.11 docs without finding a way to name the voices so that the lyrics get attached to the parallel music.

Any ideas or pointers to documentation to make more sense of this?

The old documentation said these implicitly created
voices were named "one" and "two", but so far I've
been unable to use these names to either modify the
Voices or assign lyrics to them.  Maybe someone else
can demonstrate how to do this, but in the meantime
explicitly created named voices seems the way to go.
What are workable explicit names for either the lyrics or the voices to
connect the voices in the parallel part to some lyrics?

Thanks,

Paul

Soprano = \context Voice = "soprano" \relative { c'4 d <<{\voiceOne f2}\context Voice = "sopranoone" {\voiceTwo d4 c}>> } Sopranotext=\lyricmode { \set associatedVoice = "soprano" This4 is text.2 } SopranoOnetext=\lyricmode { \set associatedVoice = "sopranoone" This4 is some text. }
\score {
   <<
      \new Staff = "sopranostaff" \Soprano
      \new Lyrics \Sopranotext