running header

From: David Bobroff
Subject: running header
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 08:53:09 +0000

I need to do two things:

1) I need the title (and instrument) to repeat at the top center of every page above 1.

2) I need the page numbers centered at the bottom of the page.

I have looked through the custom titles section 3.2.2 and have managed to get the title and instrument fields displayed:

%%%%%%%%%%
\paper {
  evenHeaderMarkup = \markup {
   \column {
     \fromproperty #'header:title
     \fromproperty #'header:instrument
  oddHeaderMarkup = \markup {
   \column {
     \fromproperty #'header:title
     \fromproperty #'header:instrument

I want to center these at the top of the page and I would also like to change the font as well. Would it also be possible to use this mechanism to put page numbers center bottom? Also, the oddHeaderMarkup gets printed on page 1 which I don't want.

-David