Re: second public draft, NR 2.2 Keyboard instruments

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: second public draft, NR 2.2 Keyboard instruments
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 09:54:42 +0100

Looks pretty good.  I have only really trivial comments:

* References for keyboards

Missing comma:
"PianoStaff group and third, normal staff for the pedals."
                                  ,

The sentence:
"This section discusses notation techniques particular to keyboard music."
would be better right at the top.

* Changing staff automatically

In the second example the voice would be better
named "melody" to help non-English speakers.

* Piano pedals

Last sentence:
"Pedalling to the final bar line is indicated by omitting the final pedal up command." -> " ... omitting the final @code{\sustainOff} command."

Also "pedalling" is the English spelling :)

(Incidentally, these pedalling commands, \unaCorde, \treCorde, etc mean the proposed \ottava command is not the only one which does not use English.)

Trevor

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 12:53 AM

I'm happy to announce the second public draft of NR 2.2 Keyboard
instruments.  This is the last time to (easily) get fixes
included, so please read it and ask about anything that's unclear,
incorrect, or missing.

As always, you can find it from following the GDP output links
here:
http://web.uvic.ca/~gperciva/

Cheers,
- Graham