Re: A new melody with existing chords

From: Peter Chubb
Subject: Re: A new melody with existing chords
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 15:06:10 +1000

>>>>> "Thermo" == Thermo  <address@hidden> writes:

Thermo> I have a one page lyrics, melody and chords lilypond format
Thermo> file.

Thermo> Now I would like to add a flute melody over the same chords on
Thermo> a new page, then add a guitar melody over the same chord
Thermo> structure. So it is basically one page for the words one for
Thermo> the flute one for the guitar.

Create a new \score block for each arrangement you want to have, with
a \pageBreak at the end.

So:

\score {
        <<
                \context Staff \flutepart
                \context ChordNames {
                        \set chordChanges = ##t
                        \guitarChords \pageBreak

\score {
        <<
                \context Staff \guitarPart
                \context ChordNames {
                        \set chordChanges = ##t
                        \guitarChord \pageBreak

\score {
        <<
            \context ChordNames {
                    \set chordChanges = ##t
                    \guitarChords
                    }
            \context Staff \context Voice = "one" {
                        \autoBeamOff
                        \verseMelody
                        }
            \context Lyrics \lyricsto "one" \verseWords