Re: Lilypond-book page appearance

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Lilypond-book page appearance
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 10:12:45 +0200

2008/7/29 Hugo Ribeiro <address@hidden>:
> Dear all,
>
> as I mentioned in a previous email, I am editing a translation to portuguese
> of Kent Kennan's "Counterpoint Based on the Eighteenth Century" textbook.
> The Chapter 12 is already done, but the final appearance of the page is not
> ok. The distance between systems are fine, but the problem is the gap
> between the end of the score and the text, because I think that LaTex tends
> to centralize all the objects. The final output is in this adress:
>
> http://www.hugoribeiro.com.br/kennan/kennan_cap12.pdf
>
> And the source of the chapter, the examples and the makefile (in portuguese
> 'fazer') are compacted in this address:
>
> http://www.hugoribeiro.com.br/kennan/contraponto_livro-kennan.zip
>
> I ask for some help to make this example looks better.

A dirty trick you can try is to insert \negspace defined as
\newcommand{\negspace}{\vspace{-20pt}}
and see what happens with several values of vspace.

In text made with lilypond-book with many short snippets I have to
insert this before every lilypond block to avoid the annoying extra
space after the text and before each snippet.

Maybe there is a better solution...

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org