Loop-the-Loop Ties

From: address@hidden
Subject: Loop-the-Loop Ties
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 10:23:25 +0100 (GMT+01:00)

Good morning list.

Apologies for the cryptic subject header, but what I need to do is
difficult to express in words.

In short, I need to show two notes tied, where the tie forms a circle
in the middle, performing a 'loop the loop' before ending at the second
note. I realise that this probably makes no sense whatsoever, but such
a tie can be seen in bar 4 and also in the final bar of the following
link:  http://www.abdn.ac.uk/scottskinner/collectiondisplay.php?
pageNum_collection=4&totalRows_collection=13&Record_Type=EC&title=The%
20Elgin%20Collection&link=other.shtml%23ec

This mark itself is fairly common in Scottish fiddle music and is used
to indicate that the notes, though tied, should be emphasized
separately by the bow, so that the two notes can be heard separately by
the listener.

I am not a great expert on bezier curves and was wondering if it is
possible to use 'control-points' to do this, or would it have to be a
new feature request?

Would be grateful for any help, as I don't know of any other way to
represent this bowing.

- David

Get up to 33% off Norton Security only from Tiscali -
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/securepc