Re: polymeter

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: polymeter
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 12:31:32 +0100

David Bobroff wrote Sunday, August 03, 2008 10:28 AM

Thank you, the missing braces were, evidently, the problem. I had been going through section 1.2.3.4 but had had no success. Looking at it again, I see that the braces you told me about are *not* present on the middle staff of the example in the docs, though they are present on the third staff. Curious.

Functions like \scaleDurations are applied to the
immediately following (single) music expression.

In the example you mention the \repeat unfold 6 { c8[ c c] } -is- a single music expression, because of the \repeat unfold, so it works correctly.

It wouldn't hurt to put braces round it though.
Maybe we should ...

-David

Trevor