Re: Chord spacing issues in 2.11 series

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Chord spacing issues in 2.11 series
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 17:10:52 +0100

Shamus wrote Sunday, August 03, 2008 1:51 PM

I recently upgraded from 2.10.33 to 2.11.52 and noticed that
SeparatingGroupSpanner is no longer available.

You're right.  A quick check of the git history shows
it was replaced with a springs algorithm in 2.11.27.
This should control the spacing auomatically.

is the documentation still refers to it even though it's no longer on
the Internals Reference page. Is this a bug?

That part of the documentation is still under revision,
but thanks for pointing this out.  I'll remove the faulty
reference to the IR.

If not, what can I do to
keep my chord names from crowding each other? I've looked over the
documentation but so far have been unable to find anything suitable.

I can't help you with this, not being familiar with chord
names.  Maybe someone else can.

Thanks,
- -- Shamus

Trevor