Re: spacing problem

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: spacing problem
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 11:11:42 -0700

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> Please have a look at the attached PDF file, generated from this code:
>
> [snip]
>
> This is the `natural' spacing as provided by lilypond.  However, IMHO,
> the horizontal spacing of the dotted half note is too small.  How can
> I increase it?  I've nothing found in the manual which controls this
> squeezing.

Hi Werner,

You can tweak the 'extra-spacing-width property like so:

  \version "2.11.53"

  #(ly:set-option 'point-and-click #f)

  \header{
    tagline = ##f
  }

  \relative c'' {
    d4 r d8[ d d d] |
    d4 r d r |
    d4 r d8[ d d d] |
    d4 r d r |
    d4 r d8[ d d d] |
    d4 r d r |
    d4 r d8[ d d d] |
    d4 r d r |
    d4 r d8[ d d d] |
    r4
    \override NoteHead #'extra-spacing-width = #'(0 . 3)
    des2. |
    \revert NoteHead #'extra-spacing-width
    r2 d4 r |
  }

  \paper {
    paper-height = 5.0\cm
    ragged-right = ##f
    indent = 0.0\cm
  }

There is an example in LM 4.4.3 using DynamicText, and the property
description is in LM 4.5.1.

HTH,
Patrick