Re: Chord spacing issues in 2.11 series

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: Chord spacing issues in 2.11 series
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:35:03 +1000

On Sun, 2008-08-03 at 07:51 -0500, Shamus wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently upgraded from 2.10.33 to 2.11.52 and noticed that
> SeparatingGroupSpanner is no longer available. I used to use it to keep
> my chord names from running into each other with
>
> \override SeparatingGroupSpanner #'padding = #'2.0
>
> in my ChordNames context, but it seems to have been removed. Funny thing
> is the documentation still refers to it even though it's no longer on
> the Internals Reference page. Is this a bug? If not, what can I do to
> keep my chord names from crowding each other? I've looked over the
> documentation but so far have been unable to find anything suitable.

Try overriding the extra-spacing-width property on the ChordName grob
(the extra-spacing-width property is part of the item-interface, which
is supported by ChordName).

You could also try overriding the padding property of the SeparationItem
grob.

By the way, if you attach a small example that demonstrates the problem,
it becomes easier to help because I can test to see if my suggestions
fix the problem.

Joe