Re: spacing problem

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: spacing problem
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 11:34:32 -0300

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 3:18 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> It's not specific to dotted notes but to notes which have longer
> durations, and which get squeezed far too much -- the same problem
> occurs for, say, half notes and whole notes.  I simply want to control
> these squeezing values globally.

The spacing is controlled by 2 values in the end: the ideal length of
the spring, and the width of the fixed part (the remaining is the
stretchable part).  I guess you want to increase the fixed width for
these notes (which also decreases the stretching in case of loose
lines - the springs are symmetric in stretch and shrink).  You could
experiment with

  Spacing_spanner::musical_column_spacing

to tweak the fixed length.