Re: SLopUF: linear LM

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: SLopUF: linear LM
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 22:39:23 +0200

Graham Percival wrote:
If you look at the latest docs using texi2html, this has already been dealt with: http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/texi2html-out/Documentation/index.html

Well, well, thank you very much.

Robin Bannister had written:
Two further points: - The tree version will benefit from CSS TOC, but still offer no pageturning. which is (/will soon be) apparently incorrect. So much for my "timely feedback".

On being confronted with this new document, a certain LopU (lowpowered user), admittedly unprepared, unfortunately found the navigation much too highpowered, didn't know what to click on upon reaching [ << Tutorial ] [Top][Contents][Index][ ? ] [ Fundamental concepts >> ] [ < First steps ] [ Up : First steps ] [ Simple notation > ] because there was nothing called "Next" or somesuch. It seemed to expect that you knew what the next page was called.

I was able to help out here and explain that you could always chicken out, go back to the [Top], and click on "one big page". But the wily lilypond programmers were clearly one step ahead of us because this led us not to our escape but to a help page talking about buttons. And here we found that "Next" was now called "Forward" and meant "Next .. in reading order" i.e. pageturning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the only thing we hadn't known was: to look for ">" as in [ Simple notation > ]

If you remember this only vaguely, there are tool tips to help out. And it really does go from 1.2.4. to 2.2. to 2.2.1 !
[But sometimes IE6 Back is vertically challenged]

And it has nice Easter Eggs to keep you on your toes:
e.g. the green bit in 2.1.3 is in a different language; Viennese, I think.
Cheers,
Robin