Re: Arlignment of Bars

From: Michael Menge
Subject: Re: Arlignment of Bars
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 20:14:24 +0200

Tanks for the help,

that was what i was looking for.

Regards

   Michael

Quoting Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:

I'm not sure that I understand. Do you want the bar lines to be aligned
between the multiple lines of the score?

One possible trick is to typeset each score line as a separate stave
and remove the initial connecting bar line
that you normally see in a multi-stave score, as well as the time
signature on all but the top line.
Here's an example:

version "2.10.33"
score{
<<
 new Staff relative c'' {
   time 3/4
   c4 c c | b b b | a a a | g2 g4 | f f f | e e e | d d d | c2. |
 }
 new Staff with {
   override TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f } relative c'' {
   time 3/4
   e4 e e | d d d | c c c | b2 b4 | a a a | g g g | f f f | e2. |
 }
 new Staff with {
   override TimeSignature #'stencil = ##f } relative c'' {
   time 3/4
   c4 c8 d e f | g4 g, g | a a8 b c d | e2 e,4 | f4 f8 g a b | c4 c, c |
   f d b' | c2. |
 }

layout{
 context{
   Score
   remove System_start_delimiter_engraver

This solution actually makes some sense also if you generate MIDI output.

Another possibility might be to try to use the support for proportional
notation.

   /Mats

Michael Menge wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to lilypond. Till now i could solve my problems by reading the documentation, but I could not find anything for the following problem.

I am setting an canon and I want to align the bar lines
after an linebreak.

Regards

  Michael Menge

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- M.Menge Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universitaet Tuebingen                  Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung mail: address@hidden
Waechterstrasse 76
72074 Tuebingen

        Mats Bengtsson