Re: Forcing note ... tail orientation

From: Alberto Simões
Subject: Re: Forcing note ... tail orientation
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 20:11:31 +0100

Valentin Villenave wrote:
2008/8/9 Alberto Simões <address@hidden>:

How can I force the note... erm... tail to go up or down, instead of the
automatic orientation based on the note position in the stave?

In LilyPond, this is called a Stem. You can use

Thanks, I was missing the correct word, and that didn't help me searching the documentation.

Thank you
Cheers,
Alberto

\stemUp or \stemDown

and then go back to the automatic behavior using

\stemNeutral

http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond/Direction-and-placement.html

Cheers,
Valentin

--
Alberto Simões - Departamento de Informática - Universidade do Minho
                 Campus de Gualtar - 4710-057 Braga - Portugal