Re: GDP -- Revised second draft of Fretted strings

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: GDP -- Revised second draft of Fretted strings
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 14:24:48 +1000

On Sat, 2008-08-09 at 17:49 -0600, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:
> Dear Lilypond Users and Developers,
>
> We're pleased to announce a revised second draft of NR 2.4 Fretted strings.
>
> This draft includes the new predefined-fretboards functionality that enables
> transposable guitar fret diagrams.
>
> Please proofread this section carefully, and try an example or two to see if
> the documentation is clear (especially 2.4.1.5 through 2.4.1.7).

The documentation is very clear and comprehensive (or so I think, but I
know next to nothing about this sort of notation). A few minor points in
the snippets:

In section 2.4.1.3, you have a snippet with beam damping set to 100000
instead of +inf.0, which would make the beams completely horizontal.

In section 2.4.1.5, you have a visible TODO in the snippet section.

In section 2.4.1.7, you seem to have a snippet but there is no image.

Cheers,
Joe