GDP Single-staff polyphony

From: Daniel Hulme
Subject: GDP Single-staff polyphony
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 13:40:16 +0100

Looking over NR 1.5.2, I see what appears to be a typo in the fifth
paragraph of the 'Single-staff polyphony' page.

"The method exposed creates two new voices when the <<{...} \\ {...}>>
construction is found in the code; to temporally add only one additional
voice to an existing one, it is necessary to instantiate that voice
explicitly."

I think "temporally" should be "temporarily": this transposition is a
common error. And "construction", used here and in the next paragraph,
seems like it would be better as "construct".

But then I don't entirely follow the paragraph so I might
be wrong. In particular, I don't think "exposed" is really the right
word; in fact, I'd rephrase everything up to the semicolon as "Each
music expression in the <<{...} \\ {...}>> construct is placed in a new
voice, distinct from the voice for single-voice music;"

In addition, the little green box at the bottom of the page is in
German.

--
"Can you read,  Pooh?"  he asked a  little anxiously.  "There's a notice
about  knocking and  ringing outside  my door,  which  Christopher Robin