Re: Expert question on named contexts

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Expert question on named contexts
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 22:57:54 +0200

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Trevor Daniels wrote:

My understanding is that the name given to a context is
stored internally as the context's id.  You can display this
with the ly:context-id function.  In the example above both
contexts have id set to "myvoice", as least that's what this
function returns.

I take the opportunity to ask another "basic" question.
The ly:context-id function, as well as many other functions,
take a context as the input. I have never realized how you
get hold of this context id. For example, how did you print the

What I meant was: get hold of this context object, i.e. the argument
to use to these functions

context id:s in my example?

  /Mats