Re: GDP

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GDP
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:35:12 -0700

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:35:49 +0000 (UTC)
Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ralph Palmer <palmer.r.violin <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Greetings -Is Graham still in charge of the GDP? When does (did?)
> > the baton change hands, and to
> > whom?
>
> Graham is still in charge of the GDP.  The GDP officially ends this
> week, when Graham heads off to a conference (and hopefully some
> vacation as well).

It's a week of thesis defense + making any required changes in
three days (lest I miss the graduation deadline).  The conference
is the week after that.

> Graham has passed much of the baton to the "Post-GDP doc team", which
> consists of Trevor Daniels, Patrick McCarty, Francisco Vila, Jonathan
> Kulp, Neil Puttock, and Carl Sorensen.

Correct.  There are currently no plans for other people that were
involved in GDP -- any doc contributions after 18 Aug 2008 will
require *much* more technical knowledge on the part of the
contributor.

> Can I ask about the motivation behind this question?

If it's about Ralph personally, here's what I suggest:
- there aren't any more doc sections ready for indexing, so put
  that on hold for now.
- get in contact (some more) with Valentin, and start doing LSR
  stuff.
- after LSR has moved to 2.12 and you've finished that surge of
  work (I estimate late Sep for this), ask on -devel if there's
  any doc sections ready for indexing, and if somebody would be
  willing to create patches for you if you send them the corrected
  files.  I'm certain that for simple things like index entries,
  somebody (probably Neil, but maybe Trevor or Patrick) will
  volunteer to handle that side of things for you.

Cheers,
- Graham