Re: \textLengthOn - choosing which note to lengthen

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: \textLengthOn - choosing which note to lengthen
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 12:56:23 -0600

On 8/14/08 12:42 PM, "Chris Snyder" <address@hidden> wrote:

> This seems pedantic to me - isn't the time that elapses before the next
> musical moment going to be equal to the length of the shortest
> note/skip/rest in the current moment?

The example I showed had a dotted half note and a markup in the current
moment.  The next moment came from ending the eighth note of the previous
moment, not from ending something in the current moment.  Not all voices
have to have an element in the current moment, at least as far as I
understand the architecture of LilyPond.

> That looks fine to me. I think I've understood it better than
> demonstrated in the example I provided; your version is easier to
> understand.
>
> Thanks for taking the time to work with me on this. Your attention to
> detail on even such a minor element is appreciated.

You're welcome.

Carl