Re: vcenter help

From: James E. Bailey
Subject: Re: vcenter help
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 18:10:35 +0200

Aha! there's a big difference in this section from the 2.11.54 documentation and the 2.11.55 documentation.

Am 15.08.2008 um 17:59 schrieb Neil Puttock:

Hi James,

2008/8/15 James E. Bailey <address@hidden>:
I'm reading through 1.8.2.3, trying to understand how to center two lines of text. How does \vcenter work? The documentation doesn't really provide an example, so I'm kinda confused. I got it to work with \center- align, but I'm understanding because of recent discussion that sometime in the future
\center-align won't be used for this.

There's an example for \vcenter in the appendices (B.8.2) which should
give you an idea what it does; if you follow the link to `Align' in
section 1.8.2.3, it'll take you straight there.  If you think the
example snippet could be improved, please tell me, and I'll see if I
can come up with a better one.

As for \center-align, the consensus is that it should be renamed
\center-column, but I'm still waiting for more comments;
unfortunately, the response so far has been limited to GDP and
technical contributors.

Regards,
Neil