Re: doc work

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: doc work
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 09:30:22 +0100

Graham Percival wrote Friday, August 15, 2008 11:36 PM
On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 22:16:13 +0100
"Neil Puttock" <address@hidden> wrote:

2008/8/15 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

>  \midi { \tempo 4 = 60 }

Unfortunately, you can't put \tempo inside a \midi block any more.

Oh yeah, I remember now.  I complained at the time; IIRC the
answer was "go ahead and make a patch if you want".

This seems like the kind of thing that you (and maybe 4 other
people) might be able to fix in 1-2 hours.  If so, I think this
would be worth it.

I think the previous discussion about this was between 1 and 2
years ago, if you want to look at that (and confirm that Han-Wen's
attitude was "do it yourself" instead of "no, absolutely not". :)

The change took place on 22 Aug 2006, commit c059097b5bb093110a1d502ea9e74634931379d2

There was a discussion on -dev starting around
26 Aug 2006.  The explanation seems to be that
"\tempo has to go, because it is a strange exception
to the general syntax" -hw.

Trevor

Cheers,
- Graham