Re: Absolute vs. relative pitches

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Absolute vs. relative pitches
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 19:04:54 +0200

2008/8/14 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:
>> I wouldn't mind adding a section to LM 3 about absolute mode, with
>> usage cases and whatnot.  But I still really think that everything
>> else in the docs should be \relative.
>
> Great!  We are agreed, then :)

I have even suggest to discuss it later, in Learning Manual 5 "Working
on LilyPond projects": I think this is not as important as topics
discussed in Chapter 3.  I generally appreciate the progressive
introduction of concepts in the Learning Manual (even if some details
still have to be refined), which addresses the issue of the steep
learning curve of LilyPond.

Anyway we don't have time to deal with absolute vs. relative before 2.12.0...

Cheers,
John