bar lines and unfolded repeats

From: Dan Eble
Subject: bar lines and unfolded repeats
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 18:54:46 +0000 (UTC)

Is there a way to make specified bar lines appear when repeated music is
unfolded, without removing the standard repeat symbols when the music is left in
volta format?  If it requires heavy-duty Scheme, I'm OK with that, but I'd like
the ly to remain as clean as possible.

An example follows.  If what I am asking for is currently impossible, I could
try to be content with a way to allow a line break other than \bar "".

Thanks in advance.
--
Dan

\version "2.11.52"

sampleNotes = \relative c'
{
   \partial 2
   e e | c c c c | e2 \bar "||"
   \repeat volta 2 { e4 e | e e e e | }
   \alternative {
     { d2 \bar "" }
     { c2 \bar "|." }

\book
{
  \score { \unfoldRepeats \sampleNotes }  % OK
  \score { \sampleNotes }                 % missing repeat bars