Re: Reading the maillists, mutopia and the docs

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Reading the maillists, mutopia and the docs
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:48:44 -0400

Hi Frederick,

Graham keeps saying
Lots of users don't read the mailists

Maybe he's projecting…  ;-)
I, for one, use the mailing list at least as often as the rest of the docs put together.

Often, the answer is in the docs but not in any obvious place.

Agreed — although it's getting *WAY* better, as a direct result of the GDP.

The problem with mutopia seems to be that the code is usually
out of date and rarely seems to contain the solution I am seeking.

I think Mutopia is a rather unfortunate "resource": with a few notable exceptions, the examples there actually detract from the good image Lilypond has cultured in other places.

Best wishes,
Kieren.