Re: it's all up to you users (was: Please forget LM MG NR IR SL AU)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: it's all up to you users (was: Please forget LM MG NR IR SL AU)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 13:25:31 -0700

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:54:44 -0300
"Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Ralph Palmer
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Greetings, all -
> >
> > I'm getting confused and slightly distressed. I'm now spending
> > close to an hour a day just reading the discussion list! I'm signed
> > up to do th

Ralph: I was hoping that you could start editing LSR.  There's a
lot of categories that barely have any contributions...

... although when I started looking at a few random sections to
point out an example, I'm pleasantly surprised to *not* find any
examples.  I guess Valentin/Neil were busier in LSR than I
realized.

Since they're more familiar with LSR than me, they might be able
to identify some other area that needs work in LSR.

> It seems that the documentation team is worried about spending
> resources efficiently, but at the same have enough time to construct
> long e-mail discussions ;-)

:P
I haven't been a doc writer for a year; I'm a doc manager.  And
today I'm doing nothing but giving my thesis presentation every
hour in preparation for tomorrow's defense, which gives me 30-40
minutes to write emails.  If a one-hour email now saves the doc
team 15 minutes per week for the rest of 2008, that's a bargain.

Cheers,
- Graham