Re: ver. 2.11.56 problems

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: ver. 2.11.56 problems
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:42:11 +0000 (UTC)

Tom Cloyd <tomcloyd <at> comcast.net> writes:

> The only thing here that's looks like it might be the shortcut script is
> "lilypond". My user acct. owns it, and it's marked executable, but...
>
> tomc <at> tomc-desktop:~/bin$ lilypond
> The program 'lilypond' is currently not installed.  You can install it
> by typing:
> sudo apt-get install lilypond
> bash: lilypond: command not found
> tomc <at> tomc-desktop:~/bin$
>
> I have no idea what's up at this point.

Unlike DOS, by default unix does *NOT* search in the current directory
for an executable program.

I think if you tried

address@hidden:~/bin$ ./lilypond

which explicitly tells the OS to look in the current directory,
you'd get a different result.

You can add ./ to your path if you want to have linux search the
current directory for executables.

Hope this helps,

Carl