Registration Problem and Encoding Problem

From: Music Theory
Subject: Registration Problem and Encoding Problem
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:36:03 +0000 (UTC)

Hello, LilyPond,

     1) I tried to send a message to LilyPond user, but it was bounced back to
me because I am apparently not registered.  I am USER-10166C015A\Owner.  How
do I send e-mails correctly so that they are accepted, and I can get a
response?

     2)  As far as I can see, I have followed all instructions received so
far.  LilyPond is downloaded and installed, Java is installed, jEdit is
installed, and under Plugin Manager, LilyPond Tool plugin is done.  I have
also gone through the first score process, which showed d-e-f#-g-a--a-- a-g-f#-
e-d--d--.  However, I have a problem with encodings.  No matter what I do, my
encoding is wrong.  I have Windows XP with Service Pack 2.  The whole page is
a mess and a message keeps telling me to try a differend encoding.  I have
tried all encodings that say Windows ______.  Nothing works.  Also, there is a
line at the top (before the mess starts) that says that this program cannot be
run in MSDOS mode.  Stuck again, and don't know why.

     Can you help, please?  Thank you very much.  Joseph M. Krush in Canada.