Metronome ticks

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Metronome ticks
Date: 19 Aug 2008 19:51:27 +0200

Hi,

I have a piece as follows:

  hiMusic = { ... }
  loMusic = { ... }
  \score {
    <<
      \new Voice = "high" { \hiMusic }
      \new Voice = "low"  { \loMusic }

  }

For the MIDI part, I want to add metronome ticks, something similar to

  ticktock = \drummode {
    \repeat unfold 94 {
       hiwoodblock 4 lowoodblock lowoodblock lowoodblock
  \score {
    <<
      \new Voice     = "high"     { \hiMusic  }
      \new Voice     = "low"      { \loMusic  }
      \new DrumVoice = "ticktock" { \ticktock }

    \midi { }
  }

So far, so good. Except that, being a lazy programmer, I don't want to
count bars, since I'm sure LilyPond knows how many bars a piece has.
So, instead of the hard-coded 94 (in this example): is there a
function of property that I can use instead?

-- Johan